Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jing is awesome

I needed to make a quick screencast recently, and I just happened upon someone's blog who used Jing to create one. It probably isn't the most robust screencasting tool out there, but it worked great for my needs. Jing also allows you to take screen captures quickly and easily. I was using Skitch for that work, but Jing has taken it's place. Take a look at my previous post about ads taking up to much realestate on websites to see an image created using Jing.

The thing I dig about Jing is that it adds a little orb to your screen that just unobtrusively sits there until you need it, mine is sitting in the top right corner of my screen. Then, you click on the orb and it gives you three choices: Capture, History and More. You click on Capture, it allows you to create a box around the area you want to capture and then asks if you want to capture an image or a video.

It is quick and easy. It comes with a quick way to share your screencasts or captures online too.

No comments: